PSALM 22 (23), Latin Vulgate (Clementine)
Dominus regit me.
PSALM 22 (23).
The Lord is my shepherd.
A psalm for David.
1. Dominus regit me, et nihil mihi deerit:
THE Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing.
2. in loco pascuae ibi me collocavit. Super aquam refectionis educavit me,
He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment:
3. animam meam convertit. Deduxit me super semitas justitiae, propter nomen suum.
he hath converted my soul. He hath led me on paths of justice, for his own name’s sake.
4. Nam, etsi ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis, non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es. Virga tua, et baculus tuus, ipsa me consolata sunt.
For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.
5. Parasti in conspectu meo mensam, adversus eos qui tribulant me; impinguasti in oleo caput meum; et calix meus inebrians quam praeclarus est!
Thou hast prepared a table before me, against them that afflict me. Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!
6. Et misericordia tua subsequetur me omnibus diebus vitae meae; et ut inhabitem in domo Domini, in longitudinem dierum.
And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.
KJV Psalm 23 - audio
23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Page Revision #5.2R 11-17